Job Title: Software Engineer – Contractor
HMH is a premier drilling solutions provider, delivering a broad portfolio of products and services that are designed to be the safest and most efficient in the industry.
Although the HMH name is new, we have been manufacturing industry-leading equipment for more than 125 years. Building on the legacy of our historical brands, and with an eye towards innovation, HMH has created one of the drilling industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of products, systems, and services for onshore and offshore drilling, subsea and onshore mining, and construction applications.
The Software Engineer – Contractor will assist with upgrade support and deployments of software products. This position will drive the on-time delivery in a team focused environment for the purpose of executing requisition projects and software upgrades. This position will provide timely software development and deployment. In this role, you will drive the on-time delivery for requisition projects and software upgrades.
- Develop control system software to work with electrical & mechanical modules from drilling customers.
- Be responsible for design documents, test procedures, installation procedures, troubleshooting, etc.
- Provide technical support to customers, manufacturing, sales and field services.
- Ability to adapt and execute Requirements, Design, Develop and Test procedures.
- Perform software testing in a lab.
- Ability to documentation the technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Software Quality processes and procedures.
- Ability to load, update, and maintain hardware configuration and setup.
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Provide timely communications about significant issues or developments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Controls/ Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Basic knowledge of Front-end Software design, UI/UX interfaces.
- Basic Networking skills with the ability to configure hardware.
- Basic knowledge and skills in the development / use of:
- Code – C, C++, UNIX/LINUX, Java Script, Angular J, Java, HTML5, Python
- Database – MySQL
- Cloud Services/ Other – AWS/Azure, GiT
- Protocols – Modbus, Profibus, OPC/OPC-UA
- Product knowledge of Oil and Gas Rigs, both Onshore and offshore.
- Ability to design and support PLC logic.
- Ability to work in a team environment on short- and long-term projects.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to sell the Architecture to key Stake Holders.
- Quick learner of new ideas and processes.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, now or in the future, without employer sponsorship for employment visa status.
- No relocation assistance provided.