Job Title: Staff Engineer – Electrical
In this role, you will work with the engineering team and other functions to lead and execute a variety of project and flow requisition electrical design and engineering support activities. The Staff Engineer will interface with internal functions to ensure correct requirements, design development, assembly and testing of the electrical products. The Staff Engineer will be responsible to deliver products with speed, accuracy, and quality.
- Work under the guidance of engineering technical leadership to drive streamlined global solutions that ties into overall system requirements.
- Provide technical mentoring and training to global electrical controls team members
- Collaborate with global electrical teams to ensure timely delivery of quality electrical products.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Gather high level requirements and generate technical requirements for the specific system.
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments.
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues; Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Address sourcing/obsolescence issues with the system and re-design aspects of the system with new products, as necessary.
- Collaborate with supply chain / manufacturing / vendors on issues to improve delivery, cost and quality for electrical products and systems.
- Direct designers to produce all engineering drawings such as Assembly Drawings (A/D), General Arrangement drawings (G/A) and Electrical schematics and Wing Diagrams (S/D).
- Perform all required calculations and analysis (Cable sizing, wire ampacity and types, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in electrical controls design / application engineering
- Advanced technical knowledge of electrical control system including electronic instrumentation (printed circuit boards, single board computer, computer hardware, wire harnesses, power solutions, interface panels, surface panels, control skids)
- Familiarity with Siemens S7 PLC its tools like WinCC, TIA portal
- Demonstrated skill for the creation of technical reports and specifications
- Familiarity with design for reliability (DFR) and design for manufacturing (DFM)
- Familiarity with design, test and analysis tools and systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaborate with global teams
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Advanced skill with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio
- Demonstrated skill with DOORS