Job Title: Sr Data Scientist
The Sr Data Scientist is responsible for providing actionable business analytics based on data from multiple sources related to the Drilling platform. In this role, you will assist in designing the architecture, execution algorithms and integration of data platforms with existing business information infrastructures to achieve better outcomes for our customers. This role will also own and lead the development of advanced analytics solutions to understand causality and correlation based on equipment usage, explain observed patterns and identify opportunities to improve operational results by using data driven techniques with domain knowledge.
Additionally, the Lead Data Scientist will lead the business in determining the relevant and compelling questions to ask that change business outcomes. You will help the Product Line Leaders understand the potential benefit that can be extracted from data and identify additional types of data that should be obtained to improve product reliability.
In the role of Data Scientist, you will:
- Engage various cross-functional teams to understand the product, business challenge, requirements, and objectives
- Responsible for extracting value from various types of data sets
- Apply math, statistics, and/or advanced modeling methods to create solutions which can be utilized in descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analytics
- Responsible for identifying, creating, and deploying innovative analytics as part of our commercial offerings
- Perform exploratory and targeted data analysis to support the business needs
- Continuously engage and collaborate with peers to brainstorm methodologies to solve business problems
- Summarize and present results in clear and concise manner for a technical and non-technical audience
- Support the development and maintenance of our commercial analytics offerings
- Participate in development and execution of promotion plans that increase awareness of HMH’s Analytics capabilities, including participation/presenting at industry events
- Degree in the field of Analytics, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Math, or Science from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 7 years of experience using Python as the programming language for Data Science
- Minimum 5 years of experience in developing analytics for their application in Time-Series data
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Machine Learning Frameworks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both formal and informal settings
- Must be proficient in SQL and NoSQL databases
- Must have exposure to Cloud Computing Platforms such as AWS and MS Azure
- Experience in Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka
- Experience in the creation and deployment of containers (i.e. Docker)
- Familiar with Visualization Tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Basic understanding of engineering drawings
- Experience with equipment health monitoring
- Advanced degree in the field of Analytics, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Math, or Science from an accredited college or university
- Experience in statistical & probability modeling as well as advanced data mining,
- Ability to communicate with business and IT leaders in a way that can influence how an organization approaches business.
- Creation/deployment of models and algorithms to analyze social, machine, text, sensor and large volume structured and unstructured data.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
- Strong oral and written communication skills