Job Title: Material Handler I (Internal Only)
HMH has an opening for an entry level Material Handler position in Houston, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, HMH offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
The Material Handler position requires skills developed through formal training or work experience. You will work within established procedures and guidelines with limited ability to modify approach and must complete assigned tasks with a moderate degree of supervision. Coordinate and expedite the flow of materials (from suppliers and also within departments) according to production schedules. Plan and schedule material/production needs.
- Operates forklift to ensure movement and/or packaging of materials within the facility.
- Perform material movement transactions in ERP system as required
- Records/scans/keys work orders to ensure that materials can be properly tracked during the production process.
- May perform additional production/warehousing duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of plant lay out including location of finished products and raw materials.
- Skilled in basic equipment operation.
- Ability to maintain forklift certification.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to possess basic written communication skills.
- Ability to apply basic PC, office or technical knowledge and skills, acquired through prior training and/or limited experience.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to follow simplified or highly patterned processes.
- Ability to work, focus and thrive in a very fast paced and noisy work environment. The work environment is one of constant movement while performing the duties of this job.
- The employee must regularly lift, push, pull and/or move up to 20 lbs and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee must be able to safely operate a forklift while loading or unloading freight.
- Requires some problem recognition and solution selection among predetermined alternatives on simple work assignments
- Job-related interaction generally limited to peers and supervisor however, office workers may be assigned to answer phones or greet visitors and may have limited interaction with external customers or vendors
- Normally receives instructions on all assigned work.
- Applies a beginner to intermediate level of skill in procedures, techniques, tools, material and or equipment appropriate to the area of specialization.
- Skilled in basic equipment maintenance.
- Takes initiative to learn new skills.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized working environment.
- Demonstrate unwavering commitment to HMH Values, Compliance, Integrity and HSSE.
Qualifications High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certified to operate a forklift.
- 3+ years of related material handling or warehouse experience.
- 3+ years of inventory experience.
- Experience with Oracle or SAP.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- High attention to detail, accuracy with numbers.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency while maintaining accuracy and order.
- Able to work extended hours and weekends.
- Experience and expertise in multiple areas of warehouse operations including, but not limited to, receiving, stocking, expediting, kitting and cycle counting.
- Experience in minimum of two of the following, receiving stocking, picking, packing shipping, cycle counting.
- Knowledge of rubber molded parts.
- Demonstrated willingness to complete all tasks to support material handling, warehouse and business objectives.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Required to use personal protective equipment. Most working areas are covered and inside but are not air-conditioned. Ceiling fans and heaters are used as needed.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, now or in the future, without employer sponsorship for employment visa status
- No relocation assistance
- 6:00AM – 2:30PM Monday through Friday (with overtime as required – shift will begin earlier than 6:00AM and/or end later than 2:30PM), some Weekends from 4:00AM – 12:30PM.