Job Title: Lead Statutory and Tax Analyst
This position would be part of HMH’s controllership team – working alongside the Pressure Control Systems global controller. In this role, analyst is responsible for coordinating external audits, leading efforts on financial statement preparation, and assisting with global accounting matters, including tax.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Job activities and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates external audit of financial statement for multiple legal entity in accordance with local jurisdiction requirements. Coordination efforts include audit support fulfillment, audit issues resolution, financial statement preparation (IFRS and other local GAAP), financial statement review, and coordination of internal stakeholders for review and sign-off.
- Conduct detailed financial reviews on an entity level basis and prepare commentaries on year-to-year financial statement variances
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of US GAAP and IFRS
- Participate in ad hoc projects, analysis and research supporting Statutory Reporting and Finance needs as they arise.
- Assist with periodic account reconciliation reviews
- Maintain internal controls and audit documentation.
- Degree in Accounting. CPA preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Display independent analytical thinking and problem-solving ability based on sound judgement and decisions with attention to detail.
- Audit experience preferred
- Prior experience with SAP preferred
- 4+ years of relevant audit experience in public accounting and/or large corporation
Houston, Tx (JFK)