Job Title: Lead Materials Planning Analyst
The Lead Materials Planning Analyst is responsible for planning and scheduling of the materials required to execute the business. Works with the sales and commercial team, region personnel, AMO and supply chain to translate the demand (forecasts, sales orders, planned orders) across multiple time horizons in to physical orders and ensures they are delivered to meet the customer requirements.
A Lead Analyst role acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience and requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines. Solves complex problems, works independently with minimal guidance and may lead projects or project steps within a broader project or may have accountability for on-going activities or objectives and should possess strong troubleshooting skills and a passion for continuous improvement, ensuring that processes and products meet or exceed business and regulatory standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
Manage master planning, material processes and systems, prepare and update production schedules and purchasing needs for new make, overhaul and repair, and spare parts
- Identify and resolve conflicts with respect to materials and capacity availability
- Follow up on PO’s with past due promise dates or not within delivery windows. Provide information to appropriate team and help drive resolution
- Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs. Optimize inventory and process improvements
- Maintain ongoing collaborative relationship with the shop, engineering, quality, and the warehouse
- Update sales order delivery dates and execute exception messages daily in SAP
- Evaluate inventory domestically to ensure continuity of supply using customer forecast, historical usage and backlog. Make recommended MOQs
- Identify and take mitigation actions for disposition of excess and obsolete materials
- Execute to weekly/monthly plan for inbound and outbound shipments to ensure customer expectations and timelines are met
- Performs additional related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 5 years of experience in Manufacturing).
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Materials Planning and Execution.
- Strong analytical skills and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Proficiency in SAP
- Willing to be flexible and adapt to changing business priorities
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, now or in the future, without employer sponsorship for employment visa status
- No relocation assistance
Houston, TX (JFK)