IT Support Representative
Provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems. Requires full proficiency gained through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience to perform a range of tasks. Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious solutions. Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data. Completes work with a limited degree of supervision. Likely to act as an informal resource for colleague with less experience.
HMH is seeking an IT Support Representative to provide first level support IT Client Services for 2,100+ employees in 30+ locations across 16+ countries on a variety of software, hardware, and networking issues. In this critical role, the IT Support Rep is responsible for managing customer expectations, setting the organizational standard for customer engagement, serving as a communication channel between customers and the IT organization, and providing a first-contact resolution whenever possible. The successful candidate is familiar with Knowledge Centered Solutions and can deliver within that methodology including creation of process and technical documentation.
- Provide high-quality technical support for all employees (the customer) via the global IT Service Desk: Email, voice, chat, and in person
- Deliver timely solutions, excellent communication, and exemplary service for IT customers at every touchpoint
- Liaise with Applications, Infrastructure, Compliance, Security, and other teams to establish and update support workflows (knowledge) in a dynamic environment
- Follow a common set of practices and principles for the support team with regards to ticket management, knowledge ownership, customer escalation, and major incident management
- Ensure timely resolution for issues brought to the Service Desk for resolution
- Create and update Knowledge Base articles to increase service quality through consistent and predictable solutions and promote self-service resources
- Embody a colleague-centric culture of trust, communication, and support
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Information Technology).
- Strong technical skills supporting users in Azure AD, Windows, Intune, and Office 365
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT support environments (SD and onsite)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with ITIL framework and terminology, certification a plus
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users
- Demonstrated knowledge-centered approach to IT support
- Skilled at preparing process documentation for Knowledge Management and Training
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, now or in the future, without employer sponsorship for employment visa status
- No relocation assistance
Houston, TX (JFK location)