Job Title: Global Materials Management Sourcing Intern
Global full-service offshore and onshore drilling equipment provider known for innovative technology seeks self-directed Operation intern with a passion for supply chain technology, collaboration, and creative problem-solving. The intern will actively contribute to meaningful projects and work closely with a mentor and with senior leadership.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone to gain experience collaborating with a world class Supply Chain Team, as well as, experience live and hands-on decision making from the business leaders.
As a Global Materials Sourcing Intern you may engage in the following activities:
- Lead Time update in the system (synchronize and update all buy parts in the system to reflect actuals from all America sites: HHP, HTC, VCZ and DDC)
- Analyze Lead Time trends by parts and by supplier to determine if Lead Times need to be adjusted in the system
- Perform detailed Data Analytic exercises to develop Data Reports and Dashboards
- Develop and execute process and methods to migrate, extract and gather information out of multiple systems (Tableau, QWICK, MPS, Oracle etc.) in order to consolidate within SAP environment and utilize same for KPIs traceability
- Reduce overall warehouse footprint by analyzing Slow Moving Inventory (SMI) inventory within various locations (JFK, HHP and DDC) and consolidating SMI in Houston
- Currently enrolled and working toward completion of Bachelor’s or Graduate degree from an accredited university or college with Supply Chain, Business, Operations or Materials Management major
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Basic understanding of financial drivers (cost, margin, price, convertibility)
- Ability to work well in teams
- Good interpersonal skills to drive collaboration across multiple functions to achieve desired results
- Ability to work with large data sets
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with SAP, Tableau, QWICK, MPS, Oracle etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- No relocation or housing assistance