Job Title: Engineer – Mechanical Component
HMH is a premier drilling solutions provider, delivering a broad portfolio of products and services that are designed to be the safest and most efficient in the industry.
Although the HMH name is new, we have been manufacturing industry-leading equipment for more than 125 years. Building on the legacy of our historical brands, and with an eye towards innovation, HMH has created one of the drilling industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of products, systems, and services for onshore and offshore drilling, subsea and onshore mining, and construction applications.
The Engineer – Mechanical Component demonstrates use of mechanical engineering principles through equipment design, calculations and validation. In this position, the engineer supports mechanical projects / product development scope for surface and subsea drill through components including annular and ram blowout preventers, drilling risers and associated riser equipment following the applicable design and development processes to meet customer requirements and expectations.
- Execute with guidance the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements with oversight from more senior engineers
- Design products in accordance with API/ASME/NACE/BSSE standards
- Provide technical leadership and coordinate with analysis, material and other engineering groups supporting the assigned project
- Provide technical leadership and engineering support cross functionally to supply chain, manufacturing and test/assembly
- Interface with customers to determine design requirements
- Formulate and implement plans to meet technical requirements, schedules and contract commitments of assigned components and systems
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues through root cause analysis, non-conformance analysis where appropriate
- Participate and present in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Utilize knowledge of applicable codes and standards including API 16 series and ASME Section 8 in daily engineering operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3 years of applicable experience
- Ability to work in a team environment on short- and long-term projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to sell the Architecture to key Stake Holders
- Good presentation skills
- Previous experience designing land and subsea BOP’s, drilling risers and hydraulic/mechanical controls
- Ability to take over existing projects and execute to scheduled dates
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing ANSI Y14.5M (GD&T)
- Proficient using MS Office applications, MathCad, AutoCAD, and ProE
- Understands general material types, coating types, manufacturing techniques, and NDE
- Ability to work in a team environment on short- or long-term projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills