Job Title: Electrical Engineer Associate (Intern)
HMH is developing state-of-the-art equipment in the Oil & Gas space. This intern position is in the Drilling products group. Some of the most advanced engineering enables our customers to drill 10,000 ft. below sea level.
The Intern will be responsible for:
- Developing new control systems for various surface and subsea control applications.
- Generating schematic, assembly and general arrangement drawings.
- Conducting power and cable sizing calculations.
- Generating reports and perform design reviews
The Intern also will learn about the following:
- PLCs and logic programming.
- Cable tray design and cable requirements.
- IEC, NFPA, API and DNV.
- Hazardous area applications and design
- Currently enrolled and working toward completion of Bachelor’s or Graduate degree from an accredited university or college with Engineering majors preferred
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Good interpersonal skills to drive collaboration across multiple functions to achieve desired results
- Ability to work independently or within a larger team as required by the project and subsystem.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail