Data Analytics and Reporting Specialist
HMH is a premier drilling solutions provider – delivering a broad portfolio of products and services that are designed to be the safest and most efficient in the industry. In addition to our land and offshore capabilities, we have expertise in subsea mining, geothermal, onshore and offshore construction, and onshore wind industries. HMH has a global presence spanning five continents with offices in 16 countries.
HMH is a frontrunner in developing and providing automation and digital solutions for our drilling customers to support their endeavor to improve efficiency and environmental footprint. Equipped with its brilliant team of engineers, HMH is committed to actively exploring opportunities in other industries. For us, this means new opportunities and challenges that we need creativity and great minds to solve in our efforts to innovate our future.
We are currently looking for a Data Analytics and Reporting Specialist to join our team.
The Data Analytics and Reporting Specialist will drive strategic road maps for analytics products across Commercial, Supply Chain, Finance & Services working with the business leaders within the organization. This role will be responsible for partnering with internal and external stakeholders to create reports and analytics based on data mining, analysis, and visualization.
The Data Analytics and Reporting Specialist would be responsible for:
- Working closely with internal IT and functional teams to understand and maintain focus on their analytics needs, including critical metrics and KPIs, and deliver actionable insights to relevant decision makers.
- Proactively analyzing data to answer key questions for stakeholders with an eye on what drives business performance and investigate and communicate which areas need improvement in efficiency and productivity.
- Creating and maintaining rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis, with reporting components from multiple data sources.
- Defining and implementing data acquisition and integration logic, selecting an appropriate combination of methods and tools within the defined technology stack to ensure optimal scalability and performance of the solution.
- Defining, developing, and maintaining databases by acquiring data from primary and secondary sources, and build scripts that will make our data evaluation process more flexible or scalable across datasets.
- Other duties as required.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college or a high school diploma/GED with at least 5 years of professional experience in IT.
- Proven analytics skills, including mining, evaluation, and visualization.
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations.
- Strong SQL or Excel skills, with aptitude for learning other analytics tools.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Experience with database and model design and segmentation techniques.
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, now or in the future, without employer sponsorship for employment visa status.