Job Title: Analytics Specialist
The Analytics Specialist is responsible for providing actionable business analytics based on data from multiple sources. In this role, you will assist in designing the architecture, execution algorithms and integration of data platforms with existing business information infrastructures to achieve better outcomes for our customers and our operations. This role will also own and lead the development of advanced analytics solutions for equipment health monitoring and condition-based maintenance initiatives.
Additionally, the Analytics Specialist will lead the business in determining the relevant and compelling questions to ask that change business outcomes. You will support the Product Line Leaders understand the potential benefit that can be extracted from data and identify additional types of data that should be obtained to improve product reliability.
In the role of Analytics Specialist, you will:
- Engage various cross-functional teams to understand the product, business challenge, requirements, and objectives
- Responsible for extracting value from various types of data sets including but not limited to timeseries, transactional, and unstructured data.
- Apply math, statistics, and/or advanced modeling methods to create solutions which can be utilized in descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analytics
- Responsible for identifying, creating, and deploying innovative analytics as part of our commercial offerings
- Perform exploratory and targeted data analysis to support the business needs
- Continuously engage and collaborate with peers to brainstorm methodologies to solve business problems
- Summarize and present results in clear and concise manner for a technical and non-technical audience
- Support the development and maintenance of our commercial analytics offerings
- Participate in development and execution of promotion plans that increase awareness of HMH’s Analytics capabilities, including participation/presenting at industry events
- Degree in the field of Analytics, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Math, or Science from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience using Python as the programming language for Data Science
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both formal and informal settings
- Experience in developing analytics for their application in Time-Series data
- Experience with equipment health monitoring
- Proficiency in SQL and NoSQL databases
- Exposure to Cloud Computing Platforms such as AWS and MS Azure
- Familiar with Machine Learning Frameworks
- Familiar with Visualization Tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Basic understanding of engineering drawings
- Advanced degree in the field of Analytics, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Math, or Science from an accredited college or university
- Ability to communicate with business and IT leaders in a way that can influence how an organization approaches business.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, now or in the future, without employer sponsorship for employment visa status
Houston, TX (JFK)